trebleclef header

Monday 9 May 2005

志願

Ambition is not what man does, but what man would do...


My ambitions, or rather my dreams, are simple and what most people would consider impractical... First up is to be a performer, an artiste... This would always be my number 1 dream, just because I love being in the limelight... I am not embarrassed to admit that; honesty, is a virtue I've been developing quite nicely... For now, I am just an anonymous performer in a band, playing something which I have no passion for... Maybe when the keyboard arrives, that would change, but it is still not what I want the most... I want to sing, I love to sing, my passion is in singing... Over dinner the other day, our band director said he wanted to try different ways of performing and I suggested that I could sing... He said it was a good idea, but I hope he seriously means it...

My second ambition is a little bit more practical, to make games... I want to be involved in the development of a "Game of the Year" title... That is the reason why I chose this degree even though it isn't related, it was the closest one I could find... For those non-avid gamers, you probably wouldn't know who developed Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo, but still I'll be happy if millions of people love something I have a hand in developing... This contradicts with my love of being in the limelight; I, myself am not so sure why I have such a strong desire for this... Maybe it's because I love playing games, maybe it's because I admire those that can make such magnificent pieces of art...

Today was the first paper for my first year's exams, E-Business, a theory paper which I could never score as I am unable to memorize large chunks of information... Passing wouldn't be a problem though, you'll only need a little intelligence to do that... Still I'm aiming for First Class Honours... A bit impractical? Awarding of Honours are based on the best 3 subjects of every year... I've already decided to pass this and score for my other 3 subjects... Considering I got 2 As, a B and an E for my mock exams, I think I'm right on track towards my goal... Next paper is Java, which is on this Friday... I should really go study, or my Honours will just be my fantasy...

No comments: