trebleclef header

Monday 9 January 2006

りりむキッス

Lilim Kiss


My first work of the new year, a character from the Lilim Kiss manga, Lilim herself... Lilim is actually a demon that sucks the energy of young men in their dreams... In return, she gives them a dream to die for... This explains the wings and the "costume" (she was wearing a bit more throughout the manga)...

IMG_Lilim - Lilim Kiss
Lilim - Lilim Kiss

This is one of the drawings that I spent the most time shading... Previously, the shading is only to indicate different colours, like the one I use at the top of the side bar... Actually that one was shaded using photoshop, but it's just an example... Those kind of shading do not require much skill, as I just need to apply a uniform coat of carbon throughout each area... For this drawing, I had to think which parts are higher, thus attracting more light, and which parts are hidden from light... After which, the most difficult part of it all is to make the character 3-dimensional... It is not easy to try and illustrate convexities, expecially those (ahem...) curvatures... I couldn't say I did a good job out of it, as the arms look very messy... Maybe it's because I wasn't concentrating on them when I was shading...

You all must be wondering why I drew this picture... Well, it just looks picture perfect when I saw it, don't you think so? That is the only reason why I drew this, not because of some wierd interests... The parts I like most are those spokes in the background, and the underwear (it's not what you think, it's the ornament that makes it special)...

The characters I draw in the future will never wear anything lesser than this, unless it's artistically censored... Maybe I shouldn't even consider that... Oh well, I've already got my next drawing in mind... This time, the challenge would be to bring out the feelings of the character...

2 comments:

artist-warehouse-uk said...

I like your Drawing ^-^

Corgel said...

Thank you, it's been a long time since I last drawn...