trebleclef header

Monday 10 October 2005

強弩弓

Arbalest...


What's with the title? I'll come to that later, this is just a boring update, a simple day, a simple life, remember? Went for band practice today after many Mondays of rest... Getting more and more tired of that place, actually it's just the fault of the band director... My band leader (Winson) is starting another combo band, he asked me to join as a pianist; finally playing something I like... Actually he needs me more as a technician, helping him to do all the recording and editing... I told him I want to be the lead singer as well and he agreed... No, I didn't threaten him or anything... Haha... Another step closer to my dream... In case you are wondering, the previous melodies recorded were done with him... I'll upload two other songs as well, as soon as the file server is up...

Now on to the discussion about the title, an Arbalest is a medieval artillery used during sieges, it is designed on the principle of a crossbow... A very powerful and accurate weapon during those ages... What has this got to do with the the topic? Totally nothing, except the name itself... My lessons in school are very boring, my friend sitting beside me always fall asleep, kind of affecting me as well... I tried ways to keep awake and found only a few effective methods:

1. Play handphone games
Pros: This is very effective, as it keeps me wide awake and thinking (I dun play those type of mindless games where you don't have to think)...
Cons: Usually I'm too absorbed into the game to notice what the lecturers say... Secondly, the game draws lots of battery power, every hour's session draws one bar of battery... Lastly, I was spotted during one of the lectures and was "lectured" by the lecturer...

2. Drawing
Pros: Improves my drawing technique... A very satisfying hobby which I like to do alot (meaning I won't fall asleep)...
Cons: Actually I can only copy things so I need a sample in front of me to draw (I don't bring much of those with me)... Sometimes I get too excited and forgets about the lecture, but it happens less often as compared to playing handphone games...

Here I present to you something I've drawn during one of the lectures, it's a robot from a great anime series: Full Metal Panic... As I've mentioned, the file server is down (but I've already uploaded it), it might take a while before you can see it...

Arbalest
Prototype Arm Slave: ARX-7 Arbalest, Full Metal Panic

No comments: