trebleclef header

Thursday 6 October 2005

我還活著

I'm still alive...


Seems like my luck wasn't at it worst (wasn't exactly that good either), but I shan't talk bad about the girl, so let's skip that part... We reach there at 9+, but the employee told us that he was locked out of the office, so we have to wait until 10.30am before we can rent the kayaks... We had 3 kayaks, 1 girl & 1 boy on each... Of the three guys, only Winson has experience in kayaking, so I asked him what to do if we ever capsize... He said he would need to do a live demostration, then he asked Paul and his partner, Melissa, to jump into the water so as to demostrate... I'm not sure why he asked them as both of them are non-swimmers... The two of them were struggling to keep afloat, while the rest of us were too busy laughing, it took a while to start the demostration... Not too long into the demostartion, we lost our concentration again; Paul was getting choked by his life vest!! It was such a funny sight, his face was turning red from struggling, maybe I should help him by pulling his head up? Too bad we don't have a camera...

When the demostration was finally over, the couples were asked to board the kayak again... Paul had no problems getting onto the boat, but Melissa couldn't make it up... They pulled from above, pushed from below, and tried all sorts of methods, but still couldn't get her up... After around 10 to 15 mins, Melissa seems like she is about to give up... I finally decided to jump into the water to help them, I didn't at first because it's not nice for me to be pushing her from the bottom when her boyfriend is around... Before I could jump into the water, Melissa gave one final heave and threw one-third of herself onto the kayak, she's gonna make it this time!!! She finally got on the kayak after 15 mins of struggling... I could see that they were totally burned out, we carried on our journey and they were lagging behind for a few hundred metres... Melissa was dead tired, and it was mostly Paul who was doing the peddaling...

When we reach Pulau Ubin, they sat around resting... For me, I couldn't sit around when my engine has started, so I walked around looking for anything interesting... Then I found this glass bottle, the type people use to put letters in and throw into the waters... Everyone was like, "Hey, write a love letter and throw into the sea. Maybe you'll find your true love like that Jacky Chan movie." So we started to search around for anything to write with/on, but how is it possible on that deserted part of the island? Then I remembered that the one who found his love was not the person that wrote the letter...

So I walked around looking for more interesting things, I felt a fire burning in me when I saw them... Stones!! People usually don't get all excited over stones, I usually won't either, but we were on a beach and there were small flat stones around... I started to skip the stones on the water, but my arms were tired from all the peddaling and there was still a long way back, so I did not exert too much strength... Still I was able to hit my personal best, around 6 or 7 jumps, the last few were difficult to spot as the stone was jumping a smaller distance each time and it was almost jumping on the spot before it sank...

This entire event wasn't very eventful, probably cause the people were not right... Hopefully the next time I'll get a more interesting partner...

No comments: