trebleclef header

Sunday 2 October 2005

艱苦的一天

Tough day...


Started work today in the morning, first job was to move a house down from the 3rd floor without any elevator... At first it was ok, since I've already done this kinda thing so often... But towards the end, I felt weak and very tired, seems like I'm not so used to carrying stuff anymore... Little did I know that what was coming up next would be much worse...

The next house we started moving at 1pm, the things kept coming down like it will never end... Everything was stacked up high in the lorry and it still wasn't enough!!! The excess had to be transported by another lorry... To make matters worse the owners had a pet dog, and most of the furniture had its hair on it, and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 strands... Imagine an old cupboard you left in your storeroom for quite some time... When you take it out, it would be covered with a layer of dust, right? Now imagine all those dust to be a dog's hair... Arghh... Damn irritating and disgusting...

Next was the destination, they moved to a condominium in Newton... Everything looks nice except there was no ramp to the lift!!! Shit!!! Who the hell designed this kinda place?!? The best alternative we could find was one step from the ground to the lift level, sounds easy yar? However, that place is an underground carpark, which means our lorry can't get in... We had to park outside and push all the way to the lift, and some of the things ain't easy to move; they had boxes full of books as well as wine... When we finally finished, it was already 6pm; this is the first time I took 5 hours to move one house...

On a side note, the owners are a Japanese couple... Remember those heavy boxes? The lady tried to lift one of this box and she moaned... Hmm... Very distracting...

Finally, I was on my way home... There was this old man who came aboard and gestured to sit beside me, being a courteous young man, I got off my seat to allow him an easier passage to the seat inside... After several stops, the old man pressed the bell and immediately jabbed me with his knee!!! FUCK!!! Not that it is painful or something, but this is a direct confrontation!!! Still being a courteous young man, I got off my seat to allowed him to get out easily... Then he turned around and scolded me in perfect Engilsh, "Why do you make an old man move in and out? Can't you just sit inside?" Huh? WTF?!? Hey, if you wanted to sit outside then say so in the first place, I'll gladly move inside... Why do people keep quiet when they still have the power to change the situation, but complain afterwards when things don't go their way? If he wasn't an old man, I would had just kicked him off the bus (my seat was beside the door)... Of course, being a courteous young man, I ignored him and just went back to my seat... There was no point in arguing with him since it was a lose-lose situation, and I'm sure the other passengers will hate me for wasting their time...

Moral of the story? Don't be courteous to old men who wants to sit beside you...

No comments: