trebleclef header

Friday 24 February 2006

如火如荼

Red like fire, white like tea flower...


That wasn't a good translation, but it's more or less that meaning when directly translated... Things are getting hotter everyday, especially the 3 things that keeps revolving around my mind these few days: work, school and singing...

As usual, the urban Foundry website seems like its almost complete; then again, its not even half-done yet.. This has the lowest priority amongst the 3 not entirely because I hate doing it, but because there is no hurry in doing it... True it may be that Junan keeps rushing me to finish up what she had given me, but so what if I finish that? I'll have to wait for the next batch to arive before I can continue this project; no point rushing for such bits and pieces... The delay on the project is caused by the client side rather than me; on that right, I could ask them for compenstation on the delay... They on the other hand have the cheek to remind me that the project should had been finished by December and it is the end of Feburary now, obviously trying to put the blame on me... Argh!!!

It is nearing the start of the month again - time to hand in assignments... The date due for Assignment 3 is 6th of March for SIM, I certainly hope I'll be able to finish it by then... Haven't handed in any assignment through SIM this year yet... My heart may pound faster everytime I think of the assignment, but something else requires a greater attention...

Only 7 days left to the performance at Suntec and I haven't prepared my song yet!!! Yesterday's singing club practice was for us to perform the songs we had prepared to seek approval from our instructor... When it was my turn to sing 你牽走我的心, she asked if I'm singing an Aaron Kwok song... I haven't had the chance to step on stage and she already passed me and asked for the next person... This both gives me confidence as well as making me feel uneasy... She said she had heard me sing before and was pretty sure I'm able to sing any Aaron Kwok's song... The truth is, I can't really sing well even if it's Aaron's song, those that had been to ktv with me would know...

After most of us had already sung, she said everyone's song was too slow and we need some fast ones... Then she turned to me and say, "The song you are singing is also slow right? Why not you change to a fast song so that everything wouldn't be so monotonous." Why me?!? "Because it would be easier for you to change a song at this point of time since you can sing any of Aaron Kwok's song." ... Haiz... "你太看得起我了" were the exact words I replied her...

That is why until now I'm still undecided with what song I'm gonna sing, but I wouldn't do anything that requires some dancing (unless its Para Para Sakura)... The first song she suggested was 爭氣, I wouldn't mind singing this song since it is one of the few fast ones that don't require much movement on stage... However, I couldn't find any decent karaoke version on the net, so this song is out unless I want to steal from PartyWorld... The next song was 愛定你; this song requires some grooving and I can't really bring out the essence of the song, so this is out as well... We finally settled on a somewhat upbeat song, 等我回來, but it isn't final yet... There's still time to change since I "can sing any of Aaron Kwok's song"... Any suggestions?

No comments: