trebleclef header

Tuesday 7 March 2006

第六感

Sixth sense...


Have you ever been able to sense a person that is behind you? I'm sure you do, especially when that person is closely behind... How about 2 or maybe 3 people? If your senses are keen enough, it shouldn't be a problem as well... I always have a knack for extrasensory perception, especially clairvoyance or some know it as second sight... My intuition seldom fails me, when I can sense it that is... There was a period I tried to harness this power, but I gave up as it takes up too much time... I'm glad I did though, cause what fun would it be if you already know what's gonna happen next? On to the main topic, this is about one of my trips to the supposedly haunted places...

A few weeks back, Ben, Weida and I decided to explore the Old Changi Hospital again... I wasn't particularly excited since the few times I went there it wasn't scary or anything... What I'm really interested in is witnessing the reactions of Ben who had always objected in going to these kind of places... Since he said he wanted to have a memorable day and we couldn't think of anything else other than sponsoring him for the services of a shim, he agreed without much hesitation... When we finally reach Changi after wandering around abit, it was already 5am, not a time anyone would want to go exploring that place... We set our final destination as the hospital's mortuary...

Walking along the long corridor to the staircase, the atmosphere started to tensed up... I was leading at quite fast a pace since I'm already quite familiar with that part of the building... We went several levels down until I decided to turn left into an unexplored region... I was still calm when I turned around to announce the beginning of the journey...

Stepping through the doorway, I was instantaneously overcome by fear; my pace had reduced to a crawl... We reached a room where all doorways were sealed except for the one we came in by... Illustrating the situation to those behind, I shone my torch over the doorways sealed with planks... On one particular doorway, there was a knock from behind when my light shone on it... Damn... Weida sounded off that we should head back and I totally agree... When I turned around, they had already left me behind... What speed man...

Since the situation was quite tensed, I decided to go to the floor which I suspect to be the reception area... You can reach the main road from there, so I thought it would reduce everyone's nervousness by seeing some civilisation... I lead everyone down the stairs, not knowing how many we need to descend by, but since it's supposedly the ground floor, we should be able to reach it by expending the depths of the staircase...

After several levels down, my legs started aching and my breathing got heavier... I suddenly halted halfway down the stairs... It was totally dark at the lower level as opposed to the others where there were windows...

stairs

I didn't realize there was a basement to this building, but it's most probably where the mortuary would be at... Staring at the darkness, something was definately not right... Ben then suggested we head back since he felt something was not right (before I even said it), and would tell us what exactly when we get back in the car... I was most happy to comply with his request... I turned around to lead the way back up, and that was when it happened... I felt the presence of another person behind, running up from the stairs... I stopped to make sure and I heard the footsteps... It was a very swift movement, from halfway up the stairs it ran and stopped behind Weida who was the last man... I was shocked and really wanted to get out of that place...

While climbing the stairs, I tried to reason out what I felt... The only thing I could think of is another human who tried to sneak behind us to scare us or something... However, I'm quite sure I was the only one who felt that presence since none of them mentioned anything... Despite that, I was totally sure I would see 3 people behind me if I turn around, or at least 2 people and 1 other thing... How sure I was? 100%, just like what I described at the start of this entry... That presence followed us for more than a level up from the basement, eventually leaving us around the same time my legs stopped aching... I really wanted to run out of that place (my pace was already on the brink of running), but tried to hold back cause I knew all hell would break loose if we did... Accidents happen easily when everyone panics...

When we reached the car, Weida was puzzled why I agreed to come out after going in for only 5 mins since I enjoyed going these kind of places... Ben then told us that his knees started hurting more the further down we went (before I said my legs ached as well), that's why he suggested we get out... When I explained what I felt, Weida kept insisting that I was just affected by the atmosphere cause sounds get amplified at this kind of places... Until now, he still don't believe that I totally freaked out that night; he expects me to be the bravest amongst them...

What's the morale of the story? Next time, I should just turn around and have a visual confirmation of what I felt... Yar, right... Like hell I would!!! I'm totally puzzled now, the reason I go exploring is to prove that such things don't exist but I'm too scared to confirm their existance... What should I do?

No comments: