trebleclef header

Monday 26 June 2006

任務完成

The end of one task brings the start of the other...


Finally got bored enough today to get my hands dirty and repair my piano... It was a very exciting experience as well as troublesome, now I now why the piano guy was so reluctant to help me repair it... Mine is an upright piano with a drop action, one of the most difficult pianos to repair (as said by the piano guy)...

There's this screw beneath the hammer that I need to reach to correct the hammer, a very simple task... The problem is that no screwdriver can reach that position when there are so many mechanisms blocking it... So I started unscrewing things, it's kinda scary since I don't know what exactly I'm doing and whether I can put it back again... After removing some parts already, I still couldn't reach the screw (I could actually reach it with a small screwdriver, but it doesn't have the strength to turn the screw)... It was still very cramped, can't really put my screwdriver in... It's time like this that I wish I had the powers of Jean Grey or Magneto, I could easily finish this task...

I had no choice but to give up, unless I want to remove the entire drop action (which is basically the entire structure of the piano)... At least all this wasn't for nothing, I managed to make the piano sustain correctly now...

drop action
Drop action...

Next up is the Urban Foundry website again... Finally got to upload to their website, so now it's not just the geocities one anymore... This website is as always, almost done... At least I'm proud to say I'm not the one procrastinating, it's always them (almost typed damn)... Can't wait to get this over and done with...

Will be going for a chalet tomorrow, it's a 2 days 1 night camp by Prudential... Why am I involved in a corporate get together? It's organized by my friend's girlfriend and he don't want to go alone so he asked me along... I'm free anyway and it's good to know more people right? When they told me the essential things to bring, I got all excited when I heard "torchlight"... Always love it when activities involve torchlights... Heh... Another story in my arsenal or another boring night? I'll force a story to happen if I have to... evil grin

No comments: