trebleclef header

Wednesday 9 August 2006

第七天

Day 7, 15/07/2006, Saturday, Sustained drizzles...


Don't really remember what happened this day but I'll try...


We were supposed to wake up in the morning to go for a hike at the nearby hill with the waterfall, but it was raining quite heavily in the morning and we don't really like the idea of getting wet...

Went for a buffet lunch, I think it's Ұ98 per person and they serve all kinds of food... I really mean all kinds... The whole layout is quite posh, with a grand piano in the center and someone was playing and singing classical English songs on it... Then they served crickets, snakes and all kinds of wierd stuff, maybe its their culture but it sure doesn't fit with the grand piano concept...

Because of the soya bean milk that I had alot of in the morning, I was quite full already... The baby lobsters looked cute, so I grabbed a couple...

baby lobsters

Haven't really eaten much and I started on the desserts already... First was some cakes, a little bit of everything... I grabbed 6 slices of different kinds of cakes and gobbled them up before I remember to take some pictures... Then was the ice-cream, the chocolate syrup they had at the ice-cream counter wasn't really tasty... Clever me got a plate and collected the chocolate from the fondue fountain and poured onto the ice-cream; the ice-cream started melting and the chocolate froze... I think I overdid it on the chocolate as there was so much chocolate I could die from all of it...

Since I've already tried "chocolate" chocolate ice-cream, might as well try other things as well... Got a bowl to collect the chocolate this time...

chocolates

I tried to "chocolatized" everything on the table, chocolate peach, chocolate banana, chocolate "mango pudding" and the wierdest of all chocolate prawns!!! If that spoon could be eaten, I'll dip it in the chocolate as well... Argh... Forgot to try chocolate watermelon juice...

After lunch, we went back to change for tonight's party... We went there early to go shopping at the nearby 北京路... There were parts of the ancient roads as well as a 3-dimensional map of that city sealed up along the streets... Too lazy to take any pictures as it was raining; can't photograph anything with the rain running on the glass panels...

The party is by this big fashion company that I don't remember the name... The company bought Richard Clayderman's license which Alvin is in-charge of, so he is invited as well... Once we arrived at the level, there was this red carpet with lots of photographers along one side and a printed canvas on the other... I was taken aback with this scene and just realized how big the party was... The cameras starting flashing and we were supposed to sign on the canvas... Man, feels like some superstar....

There's a fashion show at the start, pretty Chinese models strut their stuff while Alvin and I were wondering when will the food be served... Halfway through the dinner, another round of entertainment starts... First up was this 17 year-old girl on a saxophone, it was amazing... She was really good and I couldn't help but took a picture of her... I didn't take a picture of her when she wasn't playing cause she looks nicer with the saxophone on her mouth...

saxophone

Next was 2 Filipino women's vocal performance... Before they started, my sis was talking about how Filipino vocalists usually have powerful voices... Then they started singing and it was so disappointing... I don't blame them if they can't really sing, but what I really hate is people who go on stage without preparation... They obviously hadn't practiced much, maybe once or twice in the backstage that kind of stuff... If I am the organizer, I'll ask them to pay me instead man...

The ending of the party was quite badly organized, the salsa dancers went on stage and I thought they were gonna perform... Instead, they danced to the house music and tried to invite guests onto the stage... And so it ended like that...

No comments: