trebleclef header

Monday 4 December 2006

殘廢

The worse handicap is the inability to get past your mental barrier...


This weekend seems to be the most packed after so long of nothing... First up, was performing at Vivo City promoting Standard Chartered... I haven't told anyone about it since I'll be wearing a tight suit, not exactly something you want others to see you in... The good thing is our faces are painted, so it'll take a while before you can recognize me... Well, at least that's what we hope; its a good thing I haven't seen anyone I know yet...

After that we decided to go Dragonfly at the nearby St James Power Station... The place is quite nice and I totally liked their band... They play Mandarin/Cantonese/English Pop at intervals throughout the night... Drank quite alot that night and reached home at around 2am...

The next morning I was at National Stadium by 7.30am already... Woke up late and missed the supposed meeting time, had to take a cab there myself... We were there for the Singapore Marathon (sponsered by Standard Chartered as well); not to run, but to "make some noise" to cheer them on... There was a competition to find the group that can "make the most noise", or as they put it nicely "best raise the spirit of the runners"... I didn't expect anything since I'm already dead from the events the day before, it wasn't a hangover or anything, just tired... Furthermore, my hands already hurt from that 2 hours of playing...

The people just kept coming and coming, there seemed no end to them... We kept playing until 3 hours later when the rain saved us... We got second though, $1000 prize, not much for 3 hours of playing...

We had to go back to Bishan for more practice since there is a performance this coming Saturday... And another hour plus of playing, my hands were totally gone... Usually if our hands are bruised, we'll just use another part of our hand to play, but there wasn't any other part of my hand that isn't bruised...

After that was Weifen's wedding dinner, was really tired by then... I didn't drink any that night, I could already drop dead without any influence of alcohol... Nothing interesting happened though...

No comments: