trebleclef header

Sunday 31 December 2006

錄音室

Are what have been recorded the truth?


Yesterday has been an interesting experience for me: my first time in a recording studio... It was for my percussion band though, I wonder when will my vocal recording be... Haha...

Progress was slow at first, we kept doing many retakes... Oh, I just realised who was the culprit... Haha... When we were doing Samba, everyone was playing so we had problems making everything blend nicely... I admit, it was my fault... The djembé being a high tone instrument is very obvious when all the rest are bass instruments, any beat missed or rhythm changed is immediately discovered...

We spent 3 hours setting up and getting the Samba right, the rest was a breeze... I was leading the Chinese section on the lion drum so we only did 1 take!!! Though I would had wished to do another one if we had the time, the cymbals weren't that good...

The Indian section took quite long as they had problems coordinating and the instrument didn't sound good in an air-conditioned room... The drum had to "drink" lots of water to make it sound more bassy...

Oh well, its easier to hear it then describe it... This is the version I edited, the one edited by the engineer wasn't exactly what we had always been playing... I'm not sure which one is better, but mine definitely sound better since I've covered up some of the mistakes as well as enhancing some instruments that weren't audible... Get it here...

djembé
This is a djembé...

efin & I
The djembé players... Havoc makers???

concentrating
Stop bothering me, I'm trying to concentrate...

No comments: