trebleclef header

Friday 23 September 2005

運氣

If fortune favors you do not be elated; if she frowns do not despond...


It's been years since I personally collected the mail, much less rush down to get them... The journey home was torturous, I was very excited as well as worried... You all must be wondering what is in my mail... It's my results!!! Everyone who got their results already couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces, the worst I heard was 2As... That got me all roused up, "How many As would I get?" At the same time, I was very worried, those that opened their mouths had good results, maybe those that got bad ones were too sad to even come to school... Damn, what if I didn't even get 1 A? Not sure if any of you can understand my feelings... I even wanted to jump off the bus and run home, but of course I didn't, cause that would be alot slower...

I reached home and realized that no one checked the mail yet, quickly scampered for the keys and went downstairs... Great, there is a letter for me from RELC, should be my results... I opened the envelope and peeked inside, there were several pieces of paper, I had a bad omen... Minutes earlier, a classmate told me that his friend got his results as well as several pieces of other paper... That friend was charged for plagiarism and had to repeat that subject... First amongst the stack was the cover page: "Notification of results"... Turned over and the first number I saw was 48!!!

I felt like my life had ended... My results were usually the same for all subjects, for example, I got all Bs for my 'O' levels... I felt like dying already, but I was not sad as I had half expected this... I admit that I did not put in my best effort, just like in my 'O' and 'A' levels, but I was hoping my half-f**ked effort would be enough to get good results...

No comments: